Table of Contents
This Article establishes the minimum guidelines for Instrumentation Engineer to take the backup of DCS. This document also enables E&I technicians to do primary level configuration and troubleshooting.
Scope and responsibility
- This document is applicable for EMERSON DELTA V DCS.
- Instrumentation Engineers are responsible to follow the steps as mentioned in this procedure.
- E&I Manager and Instrumentation Engineers are responsible for the implementation of this procedure.
Instrumentation Engineer must be trained to perform work on DCS.
Software back-up is required to ensure smooth operation of plant. In case of hardware or software failure/malfunction a back-up copy can be used to streamline plant operations.
- SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Ensure that the person performing the procedure is trained and qualified to work on DCS.
- Wrong implementation of procedure/implementation without proper communication may lead to accidents or cause of plant trip.
BACK-UP TAKING PROCEDURE
Proper procedure is necessary to ensure the satisfactory operation.
- Ensure Work order (print copy after WO released) is ready to perform the job on DCS.
- Ensure the work permit/Maintenance request form to take the Backup of DCS/ to perform the maintenance on DCS.
- Log into the Engineering Work Station as Administrator.
- Click on Windows Desktop option available in the “Flex lock” Menu.
- Click on Start button. Go to Delta V. In Delta V menu, select Delta V explorer.
- Once explorer is open, select the database for which back –up is to be taken.
- Now click on the file menu and select export.
- Give a filename for the back-up file and save it on the desktop.
- Put a blank scratchproof CD/DVD in the CD-ROM Drive.
- Open Roxio Creator from the start menu. Once the software window is open, drag and drop the back-up file into the software window in order to burn the CD.
- Ensure that correct file is dragged and click on the Burn button.
- Wait for 3-5 min which is the minimum time required for burning the CD.
- A message “Burn process complete” will be displayed on completion of the process.
- Remove the CD from the CD-ROM drive and keep it at a safe location.
- Hand back the work permit/Maintenance Request Form.
- Back-up procedure is now complete & Close the WO.
- All the calibration records should be kept for at least three years & after that it should be disposed off.
- One Set of Backup shall be sent to IT Department.