Table of Contents
Tilt Level switch
There are several different technologies that are utilised for level switches, and some of them are also used for level sensors. Depending on the type of product you wish to measure the level for—a liquid, a pasty substance, or a solid in bulk—the various forms of technology are more or less appropriate. The most straightforward, dependable, and cost-effective solids level measurement method available is tilt level switch technology. Several applications, including those involving grains, cereals, animal feeds, powders, and various bulk solids, are suited for mechanical tilt level switches (pellets, stones, minerals, sawdust, etc.).
Working Principle of Tilt type level switches
As they are mounted suspended on a rope or chain above the substance being detected, tilt level switches are utilised for high level indication. When the body suspended from the ceiling of a tank tilts due to the repose angle of the measured object,the switch detects its tilt, by which the contact is switch. Tilt level switch that is made to hang vertically within the tank using a stainless chain. The internal detecting ball moves to operate the limit switch when the switch slants above a set angle(20 degrees in most level switches) due to the increment in material’s level inside the tank . The limit switch output contact shifts, and this contact shift serves as a level position indicator. The switch returns to its usual state when the material level drops, and the probe(stainless chain) falls back to vertical. Tilt level switches are widely employed for hopper/silo upper limit detection, blocked chute detection, etc.
Application of Tilt level Switch
For detecting dry bulk materials, tilt level switches are one of the most affordable and trouble-free point level controls available. To prevent bin overflow or regulate levels in open piles, the units can be utilised as high level indicators. The tilt switches can also help determine whether a conveyor belt is overloaded or underloaded. Every tilt switch has a threaded bore where extension actuators can be attached to improve sensor repeatability and shield the tilt switch from direct contact with coarse material.
Advantages of tilt level switch
Following are the advantages of tilt level switch.
- For open storage applications where mounting a fixed sensor would be impossible, this technique is highly helpful.
- For materials with big particulates, they are also excellent.
- High level detection of components, grains, or granules in silos, tanks, and bins.
- mounts over a conveyor belt or on top of the bin as an option to an extended rotary.
- Able to work with solids and powders.
- Easy to install easy to use.
- Less maintenance required.
Disadvantages of Tilt level switch
Tilt type level switch having some disadvantages, such as
- Unlike other kinds of level measurement devices, the tilt level switch is unaffected even when the apparatus is totally covered in dust.
- They are mechanical, subject to wear, only effective for heavy items, and mounting-specific.
- Level Switch
- Temperature switch
- Vibration switch
- Flow switch
- Electromechanical Pressure Switch
- How To Zirconia disc cell oxygen analyzer works
- Moisture Measurement
- How to check linearity of vibration probe(Axial&radial)
- Control Valve performance parameters
- Ask Questions